Thursday, November 4, 2010

Fall in da Ozarks.....

biped....."We didn't have enough rain this fall so the folliage wasn't as brillant as usual. At least that was the excuse for this year."



biped...."A strange growth on one of my oak trees. It's either a lichen or a fungus or perhaps an alien seed pod."



biped...."The last summer blooms."



biped...."It seems like everything wants to attack my pretty red car. This time it was just a leaf and a bunch of pine needles."



biped...."I included this little guy just for my bloggie friend from Duck and Wheel with String. She lives in a colder climate and all of her froggie friends are in hiding. This is a rare Ozark Porch Rail Frog. The cats think it's somehow related to me because it doesn't get up till after noon when the sun warms up the porch rail. It suns itself to about four when the sun moves on and then disapears into an old flower pot that hangs on the railing.'

6 comments:

Lin said...

Oh, and that is a LOVELY frog! I kinda like its hours as well. :) I think it might be a toad because it doesn't need water to live--isn't that the difference? I think it is--look who doesn't know!! ;) Either way, our porch rail frog is lovely. Just lovely. I think it is smiling at me.

Milo and Alfie Marshall said...

The frog is great ~ and we love the pics.

Katnip Lounge said...

How dare that vishus leaf attack you pretty red car! The nerve.
We think you need to call The Authorities and report your rare frog sighting.

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Hello little frog.

OKcats said...

That frog looks like he has a beak!

Ozark Mountain Cats said...

The frog is either a grey or green tree frog. I'm leaning to the grey side.