Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A Kind Woman (Sucker) Lives here...

biped...."Last week I got the Cat Lady reward on my facebook farm. It's made me giggle for a whole week. I doubt that any of you young'ns know this but back in the "first" depression the hobos had a "sign" language. Using whatever they had, they'd carve, mark with a chunk of coal messages for other hobos. The universal sign for a kind woman (sucker) who would give them a meal was a cat scrawled on a fence post, mail box etc."



biped...."So there I was, Sunday morning out in the backyard with a two gallon bucket of birdseed and corn when all of a sudden I look up and I'm surrounded by jabbering birds. The woodpeckers are hanging off the pine trees waiting for me to get the suet feeder refilled. Lbj's (little brown jobbers) swarmed in as I tossed the corn on the ground. Just about then the thought of Cat Lady award came to my mind. Obviously the wood peckers have tattoed a couple of trees out in the forest with a "kind woman" lives here sign."

ps... btw, the turkey count is now well above 15 a day now. Our orginal five have invited half the county over to eat our corn.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

ConCats on your groovy award!!! Mm keeps getting invites for FarmVille, but she ignores them as she doesn't have the time to do "sucked in" to it. Oh and believe us...she WILL if she starts! But, you really have LOTS of feathered furriends coming to visit you. We have quite a bit too, but mo wishes we didn't live on a main road.

Kea said...

LOL. That seems like a great award, though. Personally, I thought of a Disney movie, with all the birds flocking around you. :-)

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Yes, even the birds and wild animals know a kind woman when they see her!

Pip said...

I didn't knows that about the hobos. Grate trivia.
Perfect award, I wonders if the farmville peoples are spying on you to know you is such a kind lady?
TK

The Florida Furkids said...

It's a Party in the Ozarks!!


Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

The Island Cats said...

That's a cool award...and sounds like you really deserve it!

Love Meow said...

that's a cool award :). I have been playing a lot of country story, but I heard that Farmville is more fun. Maybe I will give it a try.